Workinginoregon.org/ocs - File Oregon Unemployment Insurance

In order to file Oregon unemployment insurance, you'll need to register with Oregon's Online Claim System. This is the most practical way to file an Oregon unemployment insurance claim. Filing online will save you hours waiting in line at the unemployment insurance office or waiting on hold on the telephone. When you file online, you can complete the entire process in about thirty minutes.

Click on the "File a New Claim" link. Be sure you read the list of circumstances which require you to file over the phone rather than online. If you fall into any of the categories listed, do not continue with the online filing system.

Click on the "Begin Claim" button at the bottom of the page. As you file your claim, you will be asked a series of questions regarding your work history and income over the past 18 months.

Proceed through each page of questions. Answer each question truthfully to the best of your knowledge. The answers you provide will determine your eligibility for Oregon unemployment insurance as well as the level of benefits you receive.

File a weekly claim online or by phone on the Sunday or Monday after you first file for unemployment benefits. This week will be your waiting week. During the waiting week, staff members will process your application and determine your eligibility for benefits. You will not receive payment for this week, but you must file the weekly claim in order for your application process to be completed.

Choose the method by which you would like to receive benefit payments. Your first payment will be sent to you by check. Subsequent payments can be directly deposited into your bank account or can be applied to a card which is issued to you automatically. If you desire direct deposit, fill out the online application available at www.workinginoregon.org/ocs.

Continue to file weekly claims in order to receive Oregon unemployment insurance benefits. If you fail to file your weekly claim, you will not receive your payment for that week.

You Need

Computer with internet access
social security number
work history for past 18 months
salary and total income you earned from each employer
daytime phone number

Website: www.workinginoregon.org/ocs

6 comments:

  1. I need to restart my claim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to restart my claim. I tried restarting on Fri. 6/5/20 by using this method. I also tried calling, but just got busy signals, and I tried the online system, all with no success in restarting my claim. I realize your dept. is overwhelmed, but how do I restart my claim, and I should be eligible for benefits for the week ending 6/6/20 since I tried to restart within that week. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. I am self employed and applied for PUA. I was told months ago that I would be receiving a benefit and have yet to receive any checks I have tried to all your office thousands of times and it is always busy. And, the letters I have received from you indicated that they are speaking of regular unemployment requests and not PUA. Can you help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never received any emails or letters after I filed out my forms on line I filed approx 2.5 months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need know what happen with my benefits. I can't comunicate for the lines no body answer or busy signal all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have claimed 4 weeks but it says I haven't established any? I will keep claiming. I have not received any benefits yet. What is going on?

    ReplyDelete